We run a wide range of courses here at C&D Consultancy, with new ones being added all the time. This month we have a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment being run on the 27th May in Wolverhampton and the 28th May in Liverpool.
If you'd like to attend then get in touch with Stuart at email@example.com.
This qualification is for people who currently work, or want to work in construction. The course details are as follows:
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone wishing to apply for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card to work on a UK construction site.
Why is this qualification important?
Construction is one of the most dangerous workplace activities. Last year, in the UK, 42 of the 133 workplace fatalities occurred in construction.
• The importance, key terms, legal responsibilities and reasons for good health and safety
• Fatalities, injuries and ill-health in construction
• Manual handling
• Hazardous substances
• Alcohol and drugs
• Health and safety signs
• Personal protective equipment
• Welfare facilities and personal hygiene
• Emergencies and first aid
• Reporting accidents and ill health
• 40 multiple choice questions (60 minutes)
• Pass mark 26 out of 40.
How it works
• Centres are provided with learning materials
• Centres deliver the learning (recommended 6-8 hours depending on learners)
• Centres order the examination for a date and time of their choosing
• Examinations are available online or paper-based
• Results of online examinations issued immediately
• Results of paper-based examinations issued within two working days
• Certificates issued within two working day