- Is the fitter trained and competent to do the work?
- Does he have a task specific risk assessment?
- Does he have a task specific method statement?
- Is the area where he will work deemed safe and free from hazards?
- If not, how are you controlling those hazards?
- Does he need to use an air line to inflate the tyre after repair?
- If so, does he have an inflation cage to put the tyre into for inflation?
- Has he done a manual handling assessment of the work?
If you think this seems excessive then take five minutes to consider "What if?" and read this article:-