The East Midlands WWT Group, supported by the Health and Safety Executive, is holding a free half-day occupational health event for operatives, supervisors and managers. The event aims to raise awareness of occupational health risks in construction and provide the latest advice and guidance on managing these risks adequately.
The event will provide information on noise, dust, vibration and stress, all of which pose a risk to the health of construction workers. There will be a session on the use of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) and there will also be opportunities for you to meet exhibitors, and receive advice as well as updates from industry experts.
The event programme is as follows:
- 08:30 – 9:00 - Registration and free refreshments (including breakfast roll) Opportunity to view the exhibits
- 09:00 – 09:30 - Welcome and introductions EMWWT / HSE
- 09:30 – 10:10 - Presentation 1: Dust
- 10:10 – 10:40 - Presentation 2: Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- 10:40 – 11:10 - Comfort Break/Refreshments and an opportunity to view the exhibits
- 11:10 – 11:40 - Presentation 3: Vibration
- 11:40 – 12:10 - Presentation 4: Stress
- 12:10 – 12:30 - Presentation 5: Noise - a personal perspective of noise induced hearing loss
- 12:30 – 13:00 - Presentation 6: Noise – Control of noise
- 13:00 - Closing remarks and opportunity for any questions