Open Course Dates
Face Fit Train the Tester:
- 28 September 2017 - Nottingham - £250+Vat pp
- 3 October 2017 - Brent Cross - £250+Vat pp
- 16 October 2017 - Newbury, Berkshire - £250+Vat pp
- 27 October 2017 - Nottingham - £250+Vat pp
- 6 November 2017 - Brent Cross - £250+Vat pp
- 24 November 2017 - Nottingham - £250+Vat pp
Face Fit Testing - on-site course:
- 1 x half day for 1 to 12 people £350 + VAT
- Prices shown are for mainland UK
- Book another 10 face fit tests (second course) to run on the same day and pay only £135 + VAT for the second half day.
Face Fit Train the Tester - on-site course:
- 1 x half day course for up to 6 people £425+Vat
- Fit Testing Kit - The cost of the Fit Testing Kit is an additional £150+Vat, and the tester can bring this with him on the day.
And here's the additional information again regarding common questions usually asked relating to Face Fit Testing:
Is face Fit Testing a Legal Requirement?
The supporting guidance for COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health), CLaW (Control of Lead at Work), CAR (Control of Asbestos Regulations) and the Ionising Radiation Regulations, stipulate that fit testing should be carried out as part of the initial mask selection process. This ensures that inadequately fitting face pieces are not selected for use. www.hse.gov.uk/coshh/basics
Face Fit Testing is a method used for checking that a tight fitting facepiece matches the persons facial features and seals adequately to the wearers face. It also helps to ensure that poorly fitting facepieces are not selected for use. An inadequate fit will significantly reduce the protection provided to the wearer.
If a fit test is not performed, then an unsatisfactory seal / barrier may unknowingly exist. This could allow excessive leakage of airborne contaminants into the wearer’s breathing zone, even though the user is wearing a respirator correctly selected for the application.
When Should Fit Testing be Carried Out?
A Fit Test can be carried out in the initial stages of selecting RPE, where an untested face piece is already in use or when the wearer has any significant facial changes (i.e. weight gain or loss, facial hair growth, etc). Fit testing does not need to be done annually but it is recommended that face piece wearers receive annual refresher training covering the selection, use & maintenance of their mask. When face pieces are issued on an individual basis, it is recommended that they receive an individual assessment on their own face piece. Please note that in order for the face fit tests to work, the trainee MUST NOT eat, drink or smoke for at least 30 minutes before the test is performed. They must also be clean-shaven as stubble will prevent a good seal and the face fit test will fail.
Call 0115 8970 529 or email email@example.com if this is of interest or for further information.